Are Supplements Better Than Pharma Drugs?
Nutritional supplements are often confused with pharma drugs.
The line between understanding their usage is quite thin.
The big difference between them is that nutritional supplements are expected to be “natural food and herb extracts”. They can also be purchased directly without any reference from the doctors.
However, the main question is –are supplements better than Pharma drugs?
While drugs, as well as supplements, are used for the upkeep of health, both have a slightly different purpose.
Nutritional supplements provide your body with the essential vitamins and help you to prevent the onset of any disease. Pharma drugs, on the other hand, are meant to be used only after a prescription by a qualified medical practitioner.
In a way, we can say that one is before and the other is after any health issue has arisen.
Many people are tempted to use natural supplements for minor ailments. This is because you can buy them off the counter without a medical prescription.
So, how are supplements better than Pharma drugs?
Here are some of the main reasons-
- You won’t need any pharma drugs if you do not have any ailments. Natural supplements can prevent by giving your body all the nutrients that you need and not getting from food.
- Supplements help in boosting your immune system.
- Supplements help you in getting rid of the toxins.
- Certain specific conditions give rise to a deficiency of certain proteins and minerals in our body. These can be balanced using food supplements. Natural supplements can give your body all the nutrients that you need and are not getting from food.
- Supplements are a good option when the regular diet does not provide nutrients.
- Supplements are of more natural origin than pharmacy drugs and have fewer side effects.
- Most importantly, supplements generally cost much less than pharma drugs.