If you have an account with any of the Google services, sooner or later you will get an “invite” to experiment with their Google+. And there will be a time when you will realize that it is just another social networking platform with nothing very different to offer and might actually lead to you ending up with far too many people having a peep into your Picasa albums and other services since instructions on Google+ are far too many and difficult to understand – at least initially; by which time it may already be too late!
And so, you may want to delete the Google plus account but won’t know how to. You see, the trouble with geeks is that they tend to complicate things.
Here is the sep-by-step process that will guide you through the procedure easily –
- Sign into your Google+ account if you have not done so already.
- Look at the extreme right side of your screen. You will see the Google+ bar.
- Click on your name.
- A new drop down window will open.
- Click on “Account Settings”.
- Ensure the tab Account Overview as shown below, is selected. Then click on “Delete profile and remove associated social features”.
- Select the “Delete Google+ content”.
- Check on the appropriate radio button.
- Click on “Remove selected services”.
- Log out to complete the process.
This procedure will not affect any other Google service.
Job done? Now go back to Facebook and continue complaining about its appalling privacy record! Delete Facebook too, as it is just the same. Go talk to the guy sitting nearby, it’s easier and far better – and that is how we were programmed to interact socially, till the nerds took over.